Welcome to the Area 3 Photography Competition Guidelines and Rules
|We are producing our very own edition of Steps to Christ. A book that was written and first published by Ellen White back in 1892. If you are a member or regularly attend a Church in Area 3 of the South England Conference of Seventh-day Adventists then you are invited to enter this competition.
Photography Competition Rules
|By entering the competition you hereby accept the Terms and Conditions of the competition rules listed below.
1. The subject for the Photographic Competition is striking Digital Images of the landmarks and natural beauty of Area 3, which includes Hampshire and Dorset.
2. Entries must be taken in either Hampshire or Dorset.
3. Entrants can submit as many photographs as they like preferably in a digital format.
4. Entries should be submitted via email to email@example.com. Entries must be labelled with the entrant’s name and image files must be 72 dpi and between 1MB and 3MB. Entrants should include their own name, address and telephone number. We regret that we are unable to accept postal entries.
5. The competition is only open to those who are either members in Area 3 or regularly attend a church in Area 3.
6. Each entry should be marked with the name, address, contact phone number, email and where the photograph was taken. Entries which include people may need to provide a release before publication.
7. The competition closes at 11:59pm (BST) on Thursday 10th September 2015.
8. All entries will be judged by a panel of Judges. The entries will be shortlisted to twelve images which best highlight the physical and natural beauty of Hampshire and Dorset. From the shortlist three images will be chosen and awarded first, second and third prizes. The first prize shall receive an Amazon Kindle HD Fire and have the image used as the cover picture (subject to quality and appropriate content), the second prize shall receive an Amazon Kindle Reader and the third prize shall receive Amazon vouchers. The Finalists, runners up and other entrants may have their images used in the upcoming Area 3 Edition of the Steps to Christ, subject to quality and appropriate content. The prizes are as stated. All prizes are non-transferable and there are no cash alternatives.
9. All entries must be the original work of the individual submitting them and must not infringe the rights of any other party.
10. Professional Photographers need not apply.
11. Entrants will retain copyright of the photographs that they submit to Area 3. Any images used by Area 3 will carry the photographer’s name. Entrants not winning a prize will receive a free copy of the Steps to Christ for the use of their photographs.
12. The category and overall winner’s details will be announced at the area 3 day of fellowship on the 17th October 2015.
13. By entering, entrants will be deemed to have agreed to be bound by these rules and the Area 3 reserves the right to exclude any entry from the competition at any time and in its absolute discretion if Area 3 has reason to believe that an entrant has breached these rules.
Here are some guidelines to bear in mind when you are taking photographs to enter into the competition:1. Photographs taken on private property will require the owners permission for publication.
2. Photographs with people who are recognizeable will require a model release. A sample is available here
3. To increase your chance that the photograph will make the final publication please use the highest possible quality setting of your camera or phone.
Bible study 10am
Main service 11.15am - 12.30pm